There are several possibilities to study gender studies at the University of Graz or to integrate individual courses from the field of gender studies into your study programme:
- Master's programme "Interdisciplinary Gender Studies" - a four-semester, interdepartmental master's programme
- Master's programme Double-Degree "Gender Studies" - a joint programme of University of Graz and Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Doctoral degree in the interdisciplinary doctoral programme "Antiquity and Modernity in the European Context"
- Doctoral programme "Gender Studies" - interdisciplinary discussion platform / network for the promotion and support of doctoral students' research on gender studies
- As far as elective courses or free optional subjects are concerned, individual gender studies courses can be integrated in almost all fields of study. One example is the "Gender Studies – Basic module", a course within the framework of the university-wide basic module, which is intended as an entry and orientation aid for first-year students.
The teaching offered in Gender Studies is made up of some 50 different courses per academic year. Approximately one third is assigned specifically for Gender Studies, the rest is part of the programme of various disciplines. The Aigner-Rollett Visiting Professorship for Gender Research and the Professorship "Sociology of Gender" at the Institute of Sociology are important components of the Gender Studies course offering.