We start with a group of 17 Doctorals and Postdocs from different fields of research at Graz University!
The MentoringPLUS Programme is open to all women junior scientists/scholars from any field of research at Graz University. The programme aims to prepare and accompany female PhD students and Post-Docs for a traditional mentoring partnership. Mentees are guided to actively shape their mentoring partnership and their peer network. They shall define their goals, which they shall then work on achieving together with their mentors. Workshops and coachings support mentees in their endeavours, provide guidance and offer stimulus. This programme enhances women's scientific/academic careers; the programme language is English.
Female PhD students and Post-Docs of any discipline at Graz University who aim to engage in supportive interaction in the shape of mentoring for their scientific/academic career.
There are two mentoring approaches that are being offered: peer mentoring as a means to empower among equals, on the one hand, and “traditional” mentoring partnerships with experienced academic leaders as mentors, on the other hand. Via a workshop format, further education and process oriented work is offered for groups.
- Kickoff: What is Mentoring at University, Peer-Mentoring and how might it be useful for me?
- 12 Workshops with keynote lectures, role models, interactive exercises, reflection and guidelines for career pertinent topics.
- Recommendation for the mentoring partnership: 10 sessions of 1-2 hours each.
- Individual coaching: two coaching sessions per mentee.
- Programme ends with a certificate.
Duration: October 2018 to June 2020
Cooperation programme of the Coordination Centre for Gender Studies and Equal Opportunities with the DocService of the University of Graz